As part of the 100th birthday celebration for the San Diego and Arizona Railway, the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Association and Baja California Railroad are teaming up for a fundraiser to benefit PSRMA. This one-time-only event includes a train ride from Tijuana to Garcia, a barbecue lunch, and other activities. More information is available at psrm.org/bajabbq.
It’s time again for PSRMA’s Annual Dinner Meeting and review of all of our accomplishments for 2018. This year’s focus will be on the SD&A’s 100th birthday.
The Annual Dinner will be held at Tom Ham’s Lighthouse at 2150 Harbor Island Drive in San Diego from 6 PM – 10 PM on Thursday, May 30th. Buy your tickets now! Price per person is $50.
Questions or concerns? Please reach out to us on the Contact Us page with the subject PSRMA Annual Dinner.
For those of you interested in joining or continuing to be a part of our volunteer train operations crews, here are the finalized dates for GCOR, Air Brake, and Air Brake and Train Handling classes for 2019. All classes are held at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 3902 Kenwood Dr., Spring Valley, CA 91977. For current train crew members, reminders for which classes you need this year will be sent out shortly by mail.
Safety and Security Class – 4 hours of instruction
- Friday, June 7 starting at 18:00
- Friday, July 12 starting at 18:00
- Friday, August 2 starting at 18:00
General Code of Operating Rules Class – 8 hours of instruction, 1 hour lunch break
- Saturday, June 8 starting at 09:00
- Saturday, July 13 starting at 09:00
- Saturday, August 3 starting at 09:00
Air Brake Class (for Brakemen and Conductors) – 4 hours of instruction
- Friday, June 21 starting at 13:00
- Friday, July 19 starting at 13:00
- Friday, August 16 starting at 13:00
Air Brake and Train Handling Class (for Engineers) – 8 hours of instruction, 1 hour lunch break
- Saturday, June 22 starting at 09:00
- Saturday, July 20 starting at 09:00
- Saturday, August 17 starting at 09:00
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.