"FALLBROOK CHIEF" ROLLS AGAIN
GOOD MORNING - AND WELCOME ABOARD
Welcome aboard the Santa Fe train, the "Fallbrook Chief." Chartered by the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum Association, Inc., today's special train will transport passengers from National City, San Diego and Del Mar to Fallbrook and the 1966 National Avocado Festival.
The entire train is open to all. Feel free to roam the length of it. Consider your coach seat as your permanent one-way seat. Observation car seats are unreserved and available to all. Be considerate of others and share the space in this unusual Canadian Pacific mountain observation car.
HERE IS TODAY'S SCHEDULE Time Miles
Lv National City 8:00 a.m. 0.0 Lv San Diego 8:45 5.6 Lv Del Mar 9:15 29.1 Lv Fallbrook Junction 9:55 49.0 Arr Fallbrook 11:10 65.9 Lv Fallbrook 6:00 p.m. - Arr Del Mar 7:30 - Arr San Diego 8:00 - Arr National City 8:30 -
At Fallbrook Junction, conditions permitting, the San Diego train will await arrival of the National Avocado Festival train from Los Angeles. Railfans and photographers may take pictures of two trains both headed for Fallbrook.
Back issues of "Dispatcher" and railroad and street car photographs may be purchased on the train.
PSRMA President Stanton Kerr and Excursion Director Wally Duthie welcome all excursionists and wish for each person a most pleasant Saturday outing.
The National Avocado Festival Schedule is as follows: Noon - barbeque; 1 p.m.-grand parade; 2 p.m. - free scenic bus tours and artists' street show; 4 p.m. pageant; 5:30pm - Artists' Auction.
EXCURSIONISTS! YOU MUST READ THIS!
The SAFE way to travel is by TRAIN. Steel wheels riding on steel rails combined with employee and company adherence to operating rules give train travel its excellent safety record.
On an excursion train with the many stops and varied operations it is important that passengers be safety conscious. Here are some reminders:
- Operation of the train is the sole responsibility of railroad personnel. PSRMA officials will assist with loading and unloading. No other person has any responsibility.
- Watch for train movements on adjacent tracks - particularly on the main line.
- Do not board or leave the train while it is in motion. "Play safe!"
- Doors must be closed when the train is in motion.
- Children must be supervised by their parents. Young children should be with their parents when the train is moving.
- PSRMA officials will advise guests of train stops and other activities.
- Passengers should limit themselves in time spent in the observation car. Let all excursionists have an opportunity to ride in this car.
- Do not lean out the doors or sit on rails in the baggage car.
While in Fallbrook
Passengers may leave items on the train while viewing the activities in Fallbrook. Although the train will be locked no guarantee for the safeguarding of these items can be made. Do not leave valuables on the train. During the latter portion of the afternoon one coach will be open to excursionists. Avocados may be left on the baggage car providing there is identification. Remember there will be two trains in Fallbrook!
BACK HOME EXCURSIONS GALLERY FAQ HISTORY STORIES SOUNDS LINKS