3.1 Standard Clocks
Standard clocks will be labeled with a sign that reads "Standard Clock."
Employees responsible for setting standard clocks will make sure clocks show the correct time.
Continental time (0100 hours, 0200 hours, etc.) may be used.
3.2 Watch Requirement
While on duty, all employees who do not work in an office with a standard clock must have a watch. The watch must:
- Be in good working condition and reliable.
- Display hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Display hours in Arabic numbers (1, 2, 3, etc.).
3.3 Time Comparison
Every day before beginning work, all employees must do one of the following:
Employees must make sure their watch does not vary from the correct time by more than 30 seconds.
- Compare their watch with a standard clock.
- Ask the train dispatcher for the correct time.
- Compare their watch with an employee who has the correct time.
- Compare their watch with the time service designated in the special instructions.
Next Chapter - Timetables
Return to Table of Contents